Wow. These are amazing! I’m a big fan of a biscuit. Love them. You can toast them, dip them, put butter on them, do all of those things at one time…so good! I’ve finally found a biscuit recipe that I will make again and again – thank you Paleo Comfort Foods!
You’ll want to bookmark this one for future use – you’ll revisit often, especially when you make the biscuits and gravy recipe I’m about to post. 🙂
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (can pick up at Costco now!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp grass fed butter or coconut oil
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy and at least doubled in size.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours and baking powder, mix well. Then with a fork or two knives, cut in the cold butter. You want it to be crumbly.
- Let mixture sit in fridge for 15 minutes. When time is up…
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, incorporating well (the batter will be rather wet, but the coconut flour will start to absorb some of the liquid. Do not add more coconut flour!).
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the biscuit comes out clean.