Hello LiveFitters! It’s been awhile and I apologize. I hope you’ve been enjoying your summer!
A couple of weeks ago in my CSA I received a pound of bay shrimp…with all of this hot weather we’ve been having, I was inspired to make something light, cold with a bit of zing. Here’s what I came up with – enjoy!
- 1 lb + bay shrimp
- 2 ears of corn, cooked, kernels removed
- 2 small or one medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 green onions, light green and white parts only, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or bacon grease
- Juice of 2 limes, 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- bit of salt and pepper
- Mix all dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Take shrimp and place in small-holed colander, rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Heat cooking fat over medium to high heat.
- Toss in zucchini, constantly stirring. We want the zucchini al dente – cooking this should only take a couple of minutes.
- Remove zucchini from pan with a slotted spoon or tongs, set in colander to get rid of any excess moisture.
- Add shrimp to pan, constantly stirring. We don’t want to overcook the shrimp, keep an eye on them!
- When shrimp are done, place in same colander as the zucchini, shake the colander and get rid of as much moisture as you can. You can also paper towel these, but not necessary.
- Take corn, cilantro, onions and place in glass bowl. Add shrimp and zucchini, mix all well.
- Grab dressing, give it a shake to mix. Add a little bit at a time, tossing the salad each time. You don’t have to add the whole amount, it all depends on what ya like.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the top – you’re ready to serve.
- Want to get crazy? Add bacon and/or avocado. Boom.