These were delicious! The time spent is cutting the beets to ‘chip’ width, but if you have a mandolin slicer you are set and ready to go!
I started out with three medium-large sized beets – I didn’t know how they’d turn out and if I’d like them so started small!
I think you will enjoy these, so grab some family members and make it an assembly line! Enjoy!
- 3-5 beets, washed well, end trimmed (just the one end with the long skinny piece on it – you’ll want the other end to hold on to when you use your mandolin)
- Avocado oil or coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice beets very thin with a mandolin slicer. Mine has three settings, I used 2 and 3, I needed a 2.5, but do a couple at each and see what you think. The 3 will just take longer to cook.
- Take beet slices and LIGHTLY coat with avocado oil. I placed all the slices in a large bowl, drizzled oil lightly over slices and used my hands to mix it all so the slices were covered.
- Place slices on foil-covered cookie sheets, in a single layer.
- Lightly salt.
- Place in oven until edges start to curl. This will take up to an hour depending on your oven and your beet chip thickness.
- Take out of oven, and if you like salt, add a touch more.