This is a great bread/bar recipe for those of us on the go. I adapted this from PaleOMG. Great flavor, great nutrients. Enjoy!
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder (or 2 tablespoons coconut flour if you do not eat use protein powder)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred carrots as thin as possible. Easiest way to do this is to use your shredder attachment on your food processor. Place in large bowl.
- Add almond butter and eggs and mix well.
- Then add syrup, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with coconut oil, pour batter into the dish and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top of the cake has a nice crust to it.
- Let cool before cutting.