I love “dipping” – chips in salsa, Mary’s Crackers in hummus, veggies in hummus…well, I gave up hummus awhile back because the garbanzo beans just don’t agree with me.
Well, I found a recipe that I tweaked and came up with a GREAT alternative to hummus – cauliflower hummus! This is SUPER tasty. Perfect for a party or just yourself, this is easy and delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1-1/2″ florets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced into a paste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Place cauliflower in a bowl, cover and steam in microwave until a fork goes through easy, but NOT mushy! We want some texture.
- Toss cauliflower, olive oil, cumin, sea salt (if desired) and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice in a food processor. Add cauliflower mix. Blend or pulse until a smooth paste forms (add additional olive oil or lemon juice if desired).
- Season with sea salt (if desired) and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Serve warm or cold with assorted vegetables.