Thank you Danielle Walker and Against All Grain. This recipe is FABULOUS! And, if you take the time to prep the sauce and marinade over the weekend, you can have an easy weeknight meal.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter (can also use sun butter)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic, minced well
- 1/4″ ginger, minced/grated
- 1/5 tsp fresh lime juice
- Place all ingredients (except chicken) in a large zip lock bag and mix well (shake it up, make sure it’s sealed!). Once mixed, add the chicken. Make sure it’s well coated and place in fridge for at least 6 hours or over night.
- Soak 10 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and blot any excess liquid off with paper towels.
- Thread chicken strips onto skewers then grill for 3-4 minutes each side. You want those nice grill marks on them!
- Meanwhile, whisk together all other ingredients in a small bowl. You can also make this a day ahead. If you do this, take it out of the fridge and place on counter while you get the chicken ready.
- Serve the chicken hot with the sauce on the side.