This is a great recipe out of Diane Sanfilipo’s 21-Day Sugar Detox cookbook. Super easy, super tasty.
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 Large red onion, halved and sliced thin
- Salt and epper
- 1 Large bell pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 Dozen small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Medium zucchini, sliced
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped small
- 2 Dozen jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Lime, cut to wedges, for serving
In a large skillet over high heat, melt 2 tbsp of the oil, then add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook until translucent and the edges start to brown. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic and ginger and stir to combine and distribute the garlic and ginger throughout the pan. Season again with S&P, add the cilantro, stir to incorporate, and cook veggies until tender, about another 5 minutes.
On a large plate, season the shrimp lightly on both sides with S&P, and coriander. When the veggies are cooked, remove them from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining cooking oil to pan, place shrimp in pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until no longer opaque.
Serve shrimp with veggies, squeeze lime on dish before eating. Enjoy!