Hello LiveFitters! This is a great recipe for a weeknight or weekend. I was feeling like something cozy with all this rain. This dish is good for any kind of weather. Easy to put in your crockpot and forget about it.
I took two pics, one with a flash one without. Neither one do this dish justice. Sorry!
Take my word for it, this is a keeper.
- 2-3 lbs of beef stew meat
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 3 tsp of thai seasoning (I made my own. Click here for the recipe)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped*
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 4 tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
*Note: on the peppers, use what ya have. I needed to use my peppers up so cut all three colors.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut milk, arrowroot powder and the curry. Set aside.
- In the Crock Pot: layering from bottom: beef, spices, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Top off Crock Pot with coconut milk mixture, making sure some liquid reaches the bottom.
- Place your Crock Pot on high for 5 hours. Or, leave it on low/medium for 8 hours.
- At 5-8 hours, take lid off and place on high for another 30+ minutes if too much liquid.
The veggies were done to perfection – not mushy. This dish is awesome – Enjoy!