Good rainy afternoon, LiveFitters! The PNW is back to ‘normal’ with overcast skies, 55ish degrees and drizzle. I like days like today because I don’t feel guilty if I take a nap and not take a shower. How often does that happen?!
Another reason I like days like today is that I feel like soup. I love brothy, savory soups that we have to sip and slurp…no ones home so I don’t mind how loud I am.
I whipped this one together this afternoon and it hit the spot! Now I might go take that nap I mentioned…
- 1 lb stir-fry (really thin) sliced beef
- 2-3 cups chopped broccoli or broccolini, bite sized pieces
- 8 cups beef broth
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced; white and green parts, save dark green parts for topper at end
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1″piece ginger, minced – I freeze mine, so when ready to use, I grab and grate into dish. EASY.
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a medium size pot, bring broth to a boil.
- Add broccoli or broccolini for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms, scallion-whites, garlic, ginger and simmer for appox. 7-8 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and add the beef, aminos and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer for another 1-2 minutes and serve immediately with scallion-greens and a lemon slices. My picture does not include the lemon slice – add it! It adds just a hint of lemon and that goes beautifully with the rest of the ingredients.