Hello, LiveFitters! You will LOVE this salad – so satisfying. I made a HUGE bowl – and need to make another one because it didn’t last long.
The salad holds up well with the dressing – you can put it on right away or when you’re ready to eat.
- 1-cup pepperoni, halved, then sliced (I use Boars Head – love it)
- 1-cup Genoa Salami, julienned
- 2-cup organic chicken thighs, cooked
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- A few handfuls of baby spinach or baby kale (I get the Power Greens from Costco – has both)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
- 5 pepperoncini, sliced very thin (I LOVE these, you can use less if you don’t)
- 2-cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 can black olives, halved
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered, drained (if in oil, rinse well)
- Equip yourself with an enormous mixing bowl.
- Add all meats and veggies to the bowl.
- Once in the bowl, drizzle a really good olive oil and red wine vinegar over the salad to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss away and ENJOY!