Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to sit down and meal plan and actually prep…I planned on Friday night, did any shopping on Saturday and on Sunday, my first free full day on a weekend in a month plus, I cooked. I COOKED, COOKED, COOKED. My home was filled with amazing smells. It was the perfect day – outside it was (still is) a blizzard and inside was me, golf on in the background, Mia (my English Setter) in the middle of my kitchen floor hoping for me to drop something, pots on the stove going, food processor going, oven going, every counter FULL of food. It’s rejuvenating for me to do this type of mass prepping/cooking for the week. It usually takes me 2-4 hours, but time flies and I have fun!
And you know what? I don’t have to worry about ONE MEAL this week. Not one. That gives me more time with my family.
Here’s what I made/prepped for the week, it might just give you some ideas:
- Egg bake with seasoned ground beef, kale, mushrooms, eggs
- Carrot-banana-zucchini breakfast muffins
- Chicken vegetable soup with paprika, tumeric, cayenne
- Massive salad (kale, cabbage, romaine, olives, mushrooms and chicken)
- Dressing: avo oil, juices of: lemon, lime, orange, salt, pepper, garlic
- Sunday lunch leftover: pad see ew (paleo style!)
- Monday: Sesame orange chicken (crock pot) w/cauli rice (I will make the rice tomorrow night, everything is already in the crock pot dish ready to go)
- Tuesday: Creamy bison green been/carrot casserole (OMG cannot wait for this one) (Already in the casserole dish, waiting for oven)
- Wednesday: Chicken with mushrooms and balsamic cream sauce (already cut, portioned, etc. All I have to do is put together and cook)
- Thursday: any leftovers (I have a late night and won’t get home till 8pm. So, leftovers it is!)
- Friday: Honey lime salmon tostadas (will make all on Friday)
I feel incredibly good about my day and the time spent in the kitchen. I got a lot accomplished! Now, for dinner tonight I’m making paleo pad thai with chicken and I’ve added added vegetables. I will post that later this week.
Have a great week and stay tuned for Thai Pad See Ew!