Hello, LiveFitters! It’s Fall and I’m in the mood to have the oven on, cook soups, use my CrockPot and in general, just get back in the kitchen.
Summer cooking for me is pretty laid back. Anything I can grill – fish, chicken, steak and a TON of salads and veggies.
Fall/Winter cooking inspires me to use all of my kitchen tools as well as try to make recipes easier for all of us busy people. Doing a bit of prep on Sunday goes a long way during the week.
This recipe I prepped on Sunday – and it took about 10 minutes, max, including cutting open the chicken package and placing the chicken in the dish. Seriously – so fast! Add any kind of side – roasted root veggies, steamed carrot discs with butter, anything easy for you and your family. Make a lot – the leftovers taste as amazing as fresh from the oven.
The original recipe came from Diane Sanfilippo’s The 21 Day Sugar Detox guide/cookbook. If you don’t have her books – get them. This one especially. She has the best nutritional information included. Great writing/tone, easy to understand. I use my copy so much for reference that my pages are falling out. It’s a great book.
Here’s my version of Diane’s Mustard-Glazed Chicken Thighs. SO. Awesome.
- ¼ cup coconut oil (can also use butter)
- 2 tbsp gluten free deli mustard (can use any kind of mustard)
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp poultry spice
- ½ tsp salt and black pepper to taste
- 8-12 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Place thighs on a rimmed baking sheet or a large Pyrex baking dish. Brush mustard mix on each thigh, covering each well.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.