This may sound basic, but it is anything but. This dish is super easy to make and pretty versatile. Add roasted chicken and spinach for a one pot meal or keep it as a side dish for steak or chicken (would be really good as a side dish with my butterflied roasted chicken!).
With the addition of pomegranate seeds and diced avocado, this is a flavor explosion in your mouth! Yes, I just wrote that.
- 3-4 delicata squash, washed thoroughly and diced into bite sized (inch-ish or so) pieces. Leave the skin on!
- 1 cup of pom seeds (easy way to get the seeds out is cut the pom in half, hit the half with a wooden spoon, or purchase the seeds in a two pack at Costco).
- 1/2 avocado, diced small
- Melted coconut oil to toss squash in (1/8 cup)
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 lime wedges
- Grab a cookie sheet, cover with foil or parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Place diced squash in a large bowl. Pour melted oil over squash, toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer on cookie sheet and cook until a fork goes in easy – about 30-40 minutes.
- When you have a couple of minutes left on the squash, cut the avocado, grab your pom seeds.
- Place cooked squash in a bowl, add avocado and pom seeds, a bit of salt; stir gently to evenly distribute all ingredients.
- When about to serve, squeeze a bit of lime juice in there too.