I am here in Northern Minnesota with my family, enjoying amazing weather and not-so-amazing bugs starting to fly. As long as the sun is shining and we have a breeze, we’ve been able to be outside. But it is beautiful here – a long way from town, closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away, birds chirping, frogs ribbiting. 80+ degrees every day – it’s awesome.
With this weather comes grilling and salads! I love salads – any salads. They are full of amazing veggies (and meat if ya choose!), beautiful in color, super satisfying and let’s us salad makers show a creative side. YUM!
Mum and I whipped up a quinoa salad this week. While not 100% paleo, it’s nutritious and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1-2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 red pepper, diced small
- 1/2 green pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed and diced small
- 4 green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 fresh piece of corn on the cob, cooked and kernels sliced off and crumbled
- 1/2 can rinsed black beans
Mix all together in a large bowl.
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- juice from 1-2 limes (I like lime, I used two)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together in a small bowl.
When you are ready, drizzle the dressing on to the salad, mixing as you go – use your hands! Most thorough mixers around. 🙂 Enjoy!