HOLY COW. This is one of my go-to dressings, sauces, dips…you name it. Thank you, Well Fed’s Melissa Joulwan for this one. Seriously – you will make this every week. PERFECT for paleo Pad Thai!
I upped the the garlic, ginger and lime on this, the recipe below reflects this.
This is one of the easiest things to make – break out your mini food processor and make a double batch. You’ll be glad you did.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (I like Sunbutter; no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (only added ingredients should be water and guar gum)
- Cayanne pepper – optional
Place all the ingredients except the coconut milk in the bowl of a food processor and whirl until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper, then add the coconut milk. Process until it’s blended and smooth. Store covered in the fridge. (You could also put all the ingredients in a Ball jar and use a stick blender.)