This was a ‘make in a pinch’ weeknight meal – I was drawing a blank but didn’t think I had anything at home to make anything. It was one of those weeks!
My girlfriend Carly gave me this idea and I will forever thank her and her man for it. Dale and I couldn’t stop talking about it – so SATISFYING! And SO easy. I used some of the leftover meat for breakfast the next morning. Just add an egg. Enjoy!
Next time, I will double the recipe. Like I plan on doing this week. 🙂
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1 lb ground meat of choice (I used turkey)
- 1 small white onion, diced small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yam or sweet potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or use more/less depending on your heat level)
- salt and pepper
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime juice
- Grab large skillet and heat up oil on medium.
- Add onion and garlic until fragrant, add meat.
- Mix together well, constantly stirring.
- After a couple of minutes, add potato and mix well.
- While that’s cooking, assemble your toppings into separate bowls, make “stations.”
- Check on potato and meat, make sure all is cooked and soft.
- Place lettuce in bottom of bowl, add meat mix, and any toppings you want. Enjoy!