Wowzas, this was good. Dale LOVED it! Leftovers were great too.
This was a different spin on my Artichoke Chicken Thighs – takes this dish up a notch!
- 4 Tbsp Ghee or unsalted butter, divided (love me the Kerrygold)
- 2 cans canned artichoke hearts, quartered (I get mine from Trader Joe’s or Costco)
- 1.5 cups of pitted Kalamata olives (I LOVE olives – use less if you don’t)
- 1/2 cup olive juice from your olive jar
- 6-8 skin on, bone in chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat/skin (can use skinless/boneless or breasts)
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Add a sprinkle of red pepper chili flakes for some spice, but totally optional!
- Grab a 9×13-ish baking dish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Grease a casserole dish with 2 tbsp butter
- Place the artichoke hearts, olives, and olive juice inside the dish
- Place the chicken thighs on top
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the spices together
- Sprinkle the mixture heavily over your chicken
- Sprinkle remaining spices over everything else in your dish
- Put a small pat of butter on each chicken thigh
- Cut the lemon in half, and place slices all over dish, in between thighs, on thighs, etc.
- Squeeze the other half of the lemon into the dish
- Sprinkle with chili flakes if you add those
- Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for about 20 minutes
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes to make sure the chicken is cooked throughout
Enjoy! Serve with roasted broccoli…mmmmmm……