OMG, these are amazing. I adapted a recipe from Make Ahead Paleo by Tammy Credicott. Great book, by the way – you can pick it up at Costco.
Anyway, these are freezer friendly, super tasty, packed with nutrients, and sweet from the carrots and the banana. You’re whole family will enjoy these muffins.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 small ripe banana
Ingredients: Add ins
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet, mix well.
- Stir in carrots, zucchini, coconut, raisins, and pumpkin seeds until all are incorporated.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the muffin tins. Divide batter evenly among the cups, filling about 3/4 of the way up the liner.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the centers are set and spring back from your touch.
- Let cool until easily removed from the tin. Let cool even more before you place in an airtight container (for fridge or freezer).